Issues with compiling RTEMS 4.10.2 with Gaisler drivers 1.2.11 on Ubuntu 13.04

"M.Eng. René Schwarz | German Aerospace Center (DLR)" rene.schwarz at dlr.de
Fri Aug 9 08:20:48 UTC 2013

On 09.08.2013 08:35, Mick Davis wrote:
> If you've had tool chain issues it might be best to try again after a
>
> ./bootstrap -c
> ./bootstrap

After solving the GCC/Binutils issues, I completely re-initialized my
directory structure, deleting all files in ~/rtems_base and starting
from scratch again. So I thought this might not be the reason for the
actual compiling problem.

I tried it now again using './bootstrap -c' and a subsequent
'./bootstrap' with a clean source tree from

	<http://gaisler.com/anonftp/rcc/src/rtems-4.10-1.2.11-src.tar.bz2>

and it works now. Before it did exactly the same, but without a prior
'./bootstrap -c'. As far as I can see this step is not documented
somewhere in the Gaisler docs and it might be a bug within the source
package.

Thank you both Mick and Chris very much! I would never have thought of
that without your help.

Kind regards,
René
--

Sincerely yours,

M.Eng. *René Schwarz*

	German Aerospace Center (DLR)
	Member of the Helmholtz-Association

	| Institute of Space Systems
	| Guidance, Navigation and Control Systems, Avionics (RY-GNC)

	Room 2.10 · Robert-Hooke-Str. 7 · DE-28359 Bremen
	Phone: +49-(0)421-24420-1165 · Telefax: +49-(0)421-24420-1120
	E-Mail: rene.schwarz at dlr.de · Internet: http://www.DLR.de/irs/en/