Synchronization problem in message queue mechanism

Cezar Antohe antohecezar at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 23 08:24:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the posting, I think what you have simulated there is exactly one of our problem manifestations. Indeed, after that pointer is NULL in _Thread_queue_Process_timeout, the system state is invalid and probably other bad manifestations we've seen, start to appear.

One question, please, if it's ok with you - for a fast fix, what would you suggest, either verify that pointer for NULL and return immediately, if it's invalid, or wait for a fixing patch from you guys ?
Or maybe disable interrupts altogether during the function call duration ? Would the NULL verification / interrupt disabling have negative impacts elsewhere ?
Again, we are no experts in RTEMS, so sorry if my questions may not seem valid.

Thanks a lot, cheers,
Cezar