Possible to have loopback + "real" network interface?

Nick Withers nick.withers at anu.edu.au
Mon Aug 26 07:04:12 UTC 2013

Hey guys,

Anyone know if it's possible / impossible to have a loopback network
interface at the same time as a non-loopback interface in Git master?

The "loopback" sample (testsuites/samples/loopback), if I'm reading it
right, seems to do it by providing a NULL for the struct
rtems_bsdnet_ifconfig pointer in struct rtems_bsdnet_config, which I
don't think is an option with multiple interfaces desired...?

P.S., To be honest, I don't *really* want a loopback interface, I'd
prefer socketpair() / select() on pipes and / or pselect(), but oh
well! :-P
--
Nick Withers

Embedded Systems Programmer
Room 2.26, Building 57
Department of Nuclear Physics
Research School of Physics and Engineering
The Australian National University (CRICOS: 00120C)

eMail: nick.withers at anu.edu.au
Phone: +61 2 6125 2091
Mobile: +61 414 397 446