Fail to build hello.exe sample on NetBSD for BSP MIPS jmr3904.

Ivan Temp ivan.temp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 07:45:58 UTC 2013

Hi,
thanks for your reply.
Actually I am writing a simple text with my experience, just in case could
help to build RTEMS on NetBSD. I am trying a couple of fresh install of
NetBSD versions right to test whether it works with several options.
Everything is embryonic now.
 Anyway I used this to build gcc:

cd ../gcc-4.8.1
ln -s ../newlib-2.0.0/newlib .
cd ../b-gcc

../gcc-4.8.1/configure \
--target=${TARGET} \
--with-gnu-as --with-newlib \
--verbose \
--enable-threads \
--enable-languages="c,c++" \
--prefix=/usr/rtems/rtems-4.11 \
--with-gmp=/usr/pkg \
--with-mpfr=/usr/pkg \
--with-mpc=/usr/pkg \

 I needed to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/pkg where gmp, mpfr and mpcomplex
were installed using pkgin. and added /usr/rtems/rtems-4.11/bin to PATH.
 I also installed "isl" but I do not know if is really needed, I have to
check a bit more.

 Because I did not use /opt directory I have to set also
--prefix=/usr/rtems/rtems-4.11 to the rtems build, I have seen some default
configurations that point directly to /opt.
 This is the command I used for RTEMS build with no success:

VirtualNetBSD# ../../rtems/configure --target=$TARGET
--enable-rtemsbsp=jmr3904 \
--enable-tests=samples --disable-posix \
--prefix=/usr/rtems/rtems-4.11

 Then I enabled posix following Chris recommendation (thanks) and at least
now compiles. I am ok setting posix but, do not you think it should work
with posix disable?
  I am going to test gdb now, I will let you know.

 By the way, I am not an expert at all but want to learn.

 Regards,
 Ivan