STM32F4 discovery loading issue.

emanuel stiebler emu at e-bbes.com
Wed Aug 28 21:48:43 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-28 11:53, Karel Gardas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use STM32F4 discovery board to run some RTEMS programs,
> actually starting with hello.exe but I've found that neither using
> OpenOCD 0.7.0 on Windows nor using stlink (HEAD) I've been able to load
> the program on the board. Stlink was a little bit clearer here and I've
> found that if I change flash address from 0x0 to 0x08000000 my program
> loads successfully.
>
> My question then is: if STM32F4 BSP is tested, then how to switch my
> STM32F4 discovery board to be able to use RTEMS's tests/samples on it as
> it was done on reference/developer platform?

Hello Karel,
sorry I can't help you much today with it,
but I didn't run into any problems having RTEMS running on the
discovery. I did this on win7/64, cygnus and using openocd.
I also have the additional DM-STF4BB board, where I used the UART from.

Sorry, I just got a new laptop, and I'm still installing software ...