debugging RTEMS on the ZedBoard

Thijs Witteman thijswitijs at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 09:55:05 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to get a simple hello world program, which came with
examples-v2, to work on the ZedBoard.
I followed the getting started guide (
http://rtems.org/onlinedocs/doc-current/share/rtems/pdf/started.pdf) and I
build rtems from source.
Unfortualy this guide doesn't show how to program a target board. Normally
I program my ZedBoard using the Xilinx Vivado enviroment, so I tried this
with the .exe/.elf file from my build.
After loading the file to the processor, it crashes. The light that
indicates my FPGA is programmed will go off and the message "*** HELþ" is
shown on the UART, so it looks like the ZedBoard is resetting itself.

On the internet some people were talking about using a bootloader like
u-boot, but I think it should be possible to program the board runtime.
I am wondering if anyone has any tips or ideas on how to solve my problem.

Thanks,
Thijs