examples-v2 with waf build

Joel Sherrill Joel.Sherrill at OARcorp.com
Thu Dec 12 22:57:33 UTC 2013

Congratulations! I want to make sure our GCI participants know how impressive their work has been so far.

--joel

On Dec 12, 2013 12:29 PM, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:
I'm pleased to announce that the examples-v2.git repository [1] now
offers an example of how to build applications using the waf build
system [2].

The conversion effort from make to waf was conducted primarily by high
school students participating in Google Code-In (GCI) [3] under my
tutelage. Together, three GCI students (Chirayu Desai, Bryan Dunsmore,
and Daniel Ramirez) contributed 40 commits totalling about 800 lines
of code. Great work you three!

While there is some learning curve, I have found waf to be simpler to
use and faster to run than make. My hope is that some users can
benefit from these examples to explore how the flexibility and
performance of waf can be used to build their RTEMS applications.

Sincerely,
Gedare

[1] examples-v2.git: http://git.rtems.org/examples-v2/
[2] waf: http://code.google.com/p/waf/