leon3, ide, compactflash

Jason Zheng jxzheng at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 16:17:43 UTC 2013

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am planning to use a combination of cPCI-to-PMC
carrier and PMC-compactFlash carrier to accomplish this. I already have a
3U passive cPCI-PMC carrier from dynamic engineering:
http://www.dyneng.com/cpci2pmc.html

And a couple of 6U dual-slot cPCI-PMC carrier from adlink with active pci
bridge:
http://www.adlinktech.com/PD/web/PD_detail.php?pid=290

During my search for a PMC compactflash solution I came upon this:

http://www.technobox.com/pic6677.htm

It uses a silicon image 680 IDE controller, and I am not sure these are
supported by any of the drivers included in the leon3 bsp or any other bsp.

I also saw a birdged compactFlash pmc host from dynamic engineering, which
probably exposes the build-in IDE controller of the compactFlash to the PCI
bus:

http://www.dyneng.com/pmc_cf.html

My real question is which of the compact flash option (silicon image 680 or
bridged compactflash) has a better chance to get supported or port driver
for RTEMS leon3 bsp?

~Jaason