RTEMS on a softcore

Steven Grunza sgrunza at ctdi.com
Mon Feb 11 14:29:46 UTC 2013

In the “low cost FPGA” market is also the BeMicro FPGA.  I haven’t done much with mine but here’s a few details:

*	Cyclone® III EP3C16F256C8N FPGA
*	4 MB SRAM
*	16 MHz clock oscillator
*	3 status LEDs
*	8 user LEDs
*	80-pin edge connector

$49 price on Altera’s web site, not sure what distributor’s S&H adds.

The edge connector is a funky, small form factor but Samtec makes a receptacle so you could, in theory, build a small carrier board with what-ever physical connectors you need.

http://www.altera.com/b/nios-bemicro-evaluation-kit.html