Problems in boot_card() with configuration

Matthew J Fletcher amimjf at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 19:09:07 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am using RTEMS 4.10.2, and a custom BSP based on the ARM rtl22xx.

I am running through the asm startup ok and calling into boot_card(),
stepping through its all working fine, work_area_start, work_area_size,
heap_start and heap_size are setup as i expect from my linkscript.

But the test of "work_area_size <= Configuration.work_space_size" fails
because Configuration.work_space_size looks like 0xfffffff, the only
place that assigns to Configuration.work_space_size is a few lines
further down.

Does this code presume that the BSP has set the Configuration structure
to zero, or the whole memory ? even so the aforementioned test seems odd
as its just testing memory has been initialised.

Or am i missing some RTEMS initialisation call that needs to be done
before boot_card() ?

- Matthew