Crash in _User_extensions_Thread_create

Thu Feb 21 14:52:30 UTC 2013

On 2/21/2013 8:33 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 02/21/2013 02:45 PM, Matthew J Fletcher wrote:
>> Sebastian,
>>
>> Ok, i've got the latest GIT sources, but i still dont see how the rtl22xx BSP
>> works (and it does not work for me).
>>
>> start.s does not do any data section copy, it just does a zero'ing of the bss
>> and then calls boot_card(), how can that work with initialised data ?
>>
>> the start.s thats in the arm/shared folder calls the bsp_start_hook_1 which
>> does the bsp_start_copy_sections() which uses the hand rolled memcpy function
>> to copy data as well as other sections.
>>
>> Is the rtl22xx just a broken BSP that i should not be using ?
> I think the best long term solution would be to use the shared start.S for this
> BSP.
Matthew.. I am glad you found the culprit. I have only used that
BSP on a simulator so likely ran from RAM.

If you could switch over the shared start.S as Sebastian suggests
and submit it, we would really appreciate it. We simply do not have
access to all the hardware for all the BSPs. We have to rely on users
with the hardware to find, fix, and submit patches.

I expect this is a simple matter of editing the bsp's Makefile.am and
rebuilding but Sebastian knows for sure.