Paranoia flaw on pc386

Thu Jul 18 18:37:59 UTC 2013

The compiler flags and optimizations matter a lot on x86.
There are lots of discussions when gcc is benchmarked
against icc like this one:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2012-01/msg00238.html

But specifically, there is a discussion of gcc and paranoia
here which appears to match your report.

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-03/msg01468.html

--joel