PC386 Clock Tick Driver

SAeeD salpha.2004 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 22:36:34 UTC 2013

> There are buggy implementations of this but in this case, my guess is
> that the clock interrupts are occurring faster than they can be effectively
> cleared. Could be nesting interrupts, not clearing before another one, etc.

So if I understand correctly, this bug relates to implementation of pc386
BSP, right? Because on a 3.3 GHz Pentium PC we have enough time to clear
the tick interrupt even with 10 us for each tick. I may recall that we had
no problem with 10 us tick on LPC3250.
And another question: does pc386 use TSC (when available) in order to
generate tick interrupts at each MICROSECONDS_PER_TICK?