Fortran Compiler for RTEMS?

Joel Sherrill Joel.Sherrill at OARcorp.com
Thu Jun 6 12:40:34 UTC 2013

FORTRAN is in the set of languages built and tested by the GCC test scripts I use to report test results. FORTRAN appeared to have good test results the last time I ran them. There is some issue on sis where the Hollerith output has an extra cr or lf in it. Tobias Burnus and I never had time to tracked it down. We both believed it was likely a simulator artifact.

Otherwise the test results looked good.

--joel

Sebastian Huber <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

On 06/06/2013 12:15 PM, David.Seelbinder at dlr.de wrote:
> I am interested in compiling a project with mixed C and Fortran code for RTEMS
> for the Leon platform. From the mailing list archives I understand that it is
> in principle possible to have Fortran support. Did someone by chance recently
> compile a tool chain including gfortran 4.4 or higher?

I would use a more recent GCC, e.g. 4.8 since there was some Fortran
development in GCC recently.

I just tried the GCC 4.8.1 for ARM and it worked out of the box.

> In general I would appreciate directions to information about the process to
> compile a tool chain including Fortran. Is it possible for someone with only
> basic knowledge in RTEMS and operating systems to do that in a reasonable time?

You can build the GCC in the normal way, just add "fortran" to the configured
languages, e.g. "--enable-languages=c,c++,fortran".

To build the RTEMS tool chain, you can use the RTEMS source builder:

http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/RTEMS_Source_Builder

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16