buf == NULL in BSP_uart_termios_write_com() when compiled on a FreeBSD host

Nick Withers nick.withers at anu.edu.au
Mon Jun 24 23:49:33 UTC 2013

Hi Joel and all,

Great response! I probably should've tried updating on the Ubuntu
machine too.

On Mon, 2013-06-24 at 08:48 -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> The original post also had an error message regarding the
> libi2c support.
>
> As Gedare pointed out, it is possible the recent changes
> broke something.

The libi2c thing's been there since I started on the board (only two-odd
weeks ago; but it appears unrelated to the buf == NULL bit, at least)
and I haven't looked at it properly. I'd been assuming the RTEMS status
5 thing meant I probably needed to configure resources for it.

Thanks for your responses, I'll go back to 4.10.2 for a bit (to evaluate
the rtems_gdb_start() stuff) but'll keep my eyes on the repository.
--
Nick Withers

Embedded Systems Programmer
Room 2.26, Building 57
Department of Nuclear Physics
Research School of Physics and Engineering
The Australian National University (CRICOS: 00120C)

eMail: nick.withers at anu.edu.au
Phone: +61 2 6125 2091
Mobile: +61 414 397 446

> Sebastian.. did your recent changes in termios break this?
>
> --joel
>
> On 6/24/2013 7:37 AM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> > For new development work we advise using the Git head. It is
> > relatively stable and should (!) be released soon as 4.11.
> >
> > The (shared bsp) console code did have some recent changes committed
> > to it. Maybe they broke something between when you built with ubuntu
> > and freebsd. Also I would double-check the versions of the tools along
> > your toolchain, since the problem happens with freebsd but not ubuntu
> > it sounds like a possible host tools issue. You might be interested in
> > the RTEMS Source Builder as a way to automate much of the tool build
> > process [1] [2].
> >
> > [1] http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/RTEMS_Source_Builder
> > [2] http://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder/
> >
> > -Gedare
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 3:16 AM, Nick Withers <nick.withers at anu.edu.au> wrote:
> >> Hullo again RTEMSers!
> >>
> >> I'm running into an assertion failure in RTEMS (Git HEAD, brought up to
> >> date today) running sample apps on the MVME3100 (as well as my own one,
> >> such that it currently is!) compiled on a FreeBSD 9.1-STABLE (r252020)
> >> machine.

(snip)