Whats allowed in the Init() task

Matthew J Fletcher amimjf at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 14:07:32 UTC 2013

Hi,

Do rtems applications normally create a new task straight away in Init() ?
i ask because i seem to get stuck with no threads being scheduled after the
first Clock_isr.

So after boot_card() completes rtems context switches into Init(), there i
setup my 10ms tick ISR which calls rtems_clock_tick(). But the original
thread Init() never gets scheduled again after the first call to
rtems_clock_tick(). I've used JTAG to place breakpoints and i can see the
code in Init() is not being run.

I can see the ISR is being called and the interrupt acknowledged due to
breakpoints there.

Interestingly although i am using the arm-rtemseabi4.11-gdb 'info threads'
only shows the current context of the ISR not the Init() thread, that might
be a different issue though.

regards
---
Matthew J Fletcher