Whats allowed in the Init() task

Joel Sherrill Joel.Sherrill at OARcorp.com
Fri Mar 1 17:53:38 UTC 2013

The clock driver initialization should handle things.

Setting the time of day has no impact on the clock tick working. Having a wall time is independent of interval time.

Your tick rate is OK. The overhead is quite low. I have seen similar CPU speeds use 250 microsecond tick rate and still function OK.

The interrupt is either stuck and not clearing .. No interrupt stack.. Etc.

--joel

Matthew J Fletcher <amimjf at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Sorry all, i was placing breakpoints inside rtems which i have built with -Os, so i got the wrong idea. Checking the return code from rtems_clock_set() shows it works with the ticker example time setup.

I think my issue is that as soon as the 10ms ISR calls rtems_clock_tick() no tasks get scheduled, not the idle routine, not even the Init() task. When i halt execution in the debugger i only ever see the callstack from of the ISR calling rtems_clock_tick();

I have a 20Mhz ARM7TDMI board so a 10ms call to rtems_clock_tick should just take a few microseconds.

I use,.

#define CONFIGURE_MICROSECONDS_PER_TICK 10000
#define CONFIGURE_TICKS_PER_TIMESLICE 50

I guess there is some pre-requisite i need to setup before i call rtems_clock_tick() the first time. I guessed it was having the clock set as various bits of code check _TOD_Is_set but i call rtems_set_clock() before i enable the tick ISR.