joel script in rtems shell

Jason Zheng jxzheng at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 17:34:56 UTC 2013

Forgive me if this has been answered in the past. I had originally thought
the rtems shell would treat any text file with execution bit set as a shell
script, but as I was playing with it, I got a message saying that it's not
a joel script. I've searched the mailing list archives and the rtems shell
user's guide and I could not find any mentioning of the "joel script." I am
assuming the name came from Joel, but could someone do one of the following?

1. Explain in plain terms what constitutes a "joel script", or
2. Point me to a document, or
3. Post an example of a joel script?

Thanks,

Jason Zheng