Porting an embedded application to an RTEMS

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Mar 12 02:50:00 UTC 2013

manish jain wrote:

> @Chirs: Ok, let me provide a little description about the application.
> We want to port "http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Main_Page" on RTEMS.

Thanks.

> "Paparazzi" is an open source autopilot system which runs without the
> use of any RTOS. Currently, the autopilot system in "Paparazzi" using
> two types of boards  based upon STM32  and LPC21xx architecture. And
> besides that other hardware units are"

If your application has all the drivers in it, you can typically get
away with a simple BSP. Yes you will need to create a suitable BSP based
on one of the existing ones. A basic BSP needs only a console driver,
typically to a UART and timer driver. I am not sure which is the best
BSP to copy and I hope other who do will answer.

Chris