Filesystem mounting/layout

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Mar 12 12:40:37 UTC 2013

On 03/12/2013 01:00 PM, Matthew J Fletcher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for that information. I have one specific question, how do i format a
> IMFS filesystem ? i can see that the dos filesystem has msdos_format() and rtfs
> has rtems_rfs_format(), but there seems to be no equivalent for IMFS. After
> that i can mount it via the standard mount() call.

There is no need to format something for the IMFS.  The storage medium for the
IMFS is the heap.  You can use RFS on a RAM disk if you want to limit the
storage space.

>  > For NOR flash support on RFS you need a block device driver for the NOR
> flash.  See
>  > http://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/cpukit/libblock/src/nvdisk.c
>
> As an open question, although NOR flash is random access, would you use the
> SRAM alike nvdisk block driver or the flashdisk.c NOR/NAND driver ? Flashdisk
> seems to have more understanding of flash types, need to erase etc, and the
> libchip\am29lv160.c seems a generic device level NOR driver.

Sorry, I selected the wrong file.   The flash disk driver is more appropriate
for NOR flashes.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16