RFC: Drop toolchain support for rtems4.8, rtems4.9 and CentOS5?

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Thu Mar 14 06:35:46 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'd like to drop/discontinue supporting the toolchain repositories for

* CentOS5:
CentOS5/RHEL5 is increasingly showing its age. Continuing to support it
requires me to use anachronistic constructs in rpm.specs, which
otherwise could be avoided and make life slightly easier for me.

Q: Is anybody still using CentOS5 as RTEMS development hosts?

* rtems4.8, rtems4.9 (All host OSes):
I do not see much use in keeping these. RTEMS-4.8 and 4.9 and their
toolchains haven't seen any activities for a long time and are de-facto
dead.

Keeping the packages, to me only means carrying around historic ballast
of questionable value, I'd rather get rid off, ASAP.

Opinions, comments?

Ralf