flashdisk erase before registering driver

Matthew J Fletcher amimjf at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 16:03:34 UTC 2013

Hi,

The blank check code in am29lv160, called from rtems_disk_inititialize
tests if a read of flash is not 0xff, the only way to set flash to that
state is to erase the sector, but I don't see how rtems can do that before
rtems_disk_initialize has not finished yet.

I am confused why flashdisk is marking the segment as failed in
rtems_fdisk_recover_block_mappings but its not attempting to call
rtems_fdisk_seg_erase.