Fwd: GCC 4.8.0 Release Candidate available from gcc.gnu.org

Joel Sherrill Joel.Sherrill at OARcorp.com
Sat Mar 16 15:43:47 UTC 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: GCC 4.8.0 Release Candidate available from gcc.gnu.org
From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat.com>
To: gcc at gcc.gnu.org
CC:

GCC 4.8.0 Release Candidate available from gcc.gnu.org

The first release candidate for GCC 4.8.0 is available from

 ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/snapshots/4.8.0-RC-20130316

and shortly its mirrors.  It has been generated from SVN revision 196699.

I have so far bootstrapped and tested the release candidate on
x86_64-linux and i686-linux.  Please test it and report any issues to
bugzilla.

Note that gcc.gnu.org is going to have outage next week:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2013-03/msg00115.html
so if gcc.gnu.org is unavailable, you can grab the 4.8.0-rc1
tarballs from gcc.gnu.org mirrors, and if you need to report
release blocker issues and bugzilla isn't available yet, mail
me or other release managers.

If all goes well, I'd like to release 4.8.0 late next week.