ANN: RTEMS Source Builder

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sat Mar 16 22:07:23 UTC 2013

Hello,

I would like to announce an RTEMS Tools project called the RTEMS Source
Builder. It is a tool that helps build RTEMS tools from source for a
number of different host operating systems.

You can find the documentation for the tool here ...

http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/people/chrisj/source-builder/source-builder.html

Supported versions and architectures are:

  4.11
   arm
   avr
   bfin
   h8300
   i386
   lm32
   m32c
   m32r
   m68k
   microblaze
   mips
   moxie
   nios2
   powerpc
   sh
   sparc
   sparc64
   v850

  4.9
   i386
   m68k
   sparc

The tool sets are being actively used and testing is on going. I have
started to add 4.9 tool sets and will look at 4.10 soon.

The supported hosts are:

  MacOS
  FreeBSD
  Ubuntu
  Raspbian (Raspberry Pi)
  Fedora
  Archlinux
  CentOS6

  [ Yes I did build the tools, and RTEMS and ran the SPARC simulator
    on a RaspberryPi running Linux ]

This is an open tools project and I welcome patches and additions so if
you add a tool set you are using please send patches to the developers list.

Chris