LEON3 Console/Serial Driver

Vincent Galbo vgalbo at aeronix.com
Mon Mar 18 16:52:26 UTC 2013

Hello Joel,

I'm attempting to use the console as a message port for debugging (once we
get SpW-USB dongles we will move to SpW). Our messages are hex based and the
console doesn't seem to like that. For instance, my application right now is
essentially receiving from the console and sending the received message back
out to the console. This works fine in console situations. For example, when
I type "hello world", I get the reply "hello world" back. However, if I send
the console a hex based message, let's say "0x90 eb 00 10 00 10", I get some
garbage back, such as "0x90 eb 50 54 50 5e". I think it's also waiting for
an ASCII carriage return, because when I send it 0x0D (ASCII carriage
return), I get some of the data I originally sent but with extra data mixed
in. By the way, I'm using cutecom for these tests.

So, my question is if I could somehow replace the console driver with a
generic serial driver. One that doesn't format, expect carriage returns,
etc.

Thank you,

Vincent Galbo