Whats allowed in the Init() task

Matthew J Fletcher amimjf at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 16:56:59 UTC 2013

Gedare,

Yes the "hello" example works fine. I just tried the "ticker" example, but
rtems_clock_set() returns RTEMS_INVALID_CLOCK. Odd, maybe the samples dont
get tested very often.

It _TOD_Validate() is rejecting the time set in the example, and i am
literally using the code from the example. Its returning false at the first
'if' test, the big one checking against the constants.

Is the test for 'the_tod->year < TOD_BASE_YEAR' correct given then are
equal at 1988 ?

On 1 March 2013 15:40, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Matthew J Fletcher <amimjf at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Do rtems applications normally create a new task straight away in Init()
> ? i
> > ask because i seem to get stuck with no threads being scheduled after the
> > first Clock_isr.
> >
> By the time Init gets executed the entire application stack should be
> set up and multithreading/interrupts should work fine. Init can either
> create new tasks, or execute the workload directly.
>
> > So after boot_card() completes rtems context switches into Init(), there
> > setup my 10ms tick ISR which calls rtems_clock_tick(). But the original
> > thread Init() never gets scheduled again after the first call to
> > rtems_clock_tick(). I've used JTAG to place breakpoints and i can see the
> > code in Init() is not being run.
> >
> I don't understand what you mean about Init setting up the clock tick.
> The ISR for clock handling should be installed during rtems
> initialization when the clock driver is installed. Have you
> successfully executed the "hello" sample on your board? If so the next
> one to test is ticker, which should give you an idea of whether the
> clock tick + context switch is working.
>
> -Gedare
>
> > I can see the ISR is being called and the interrupt acknowledged due to
> > breakpoints there.
> >
> > Interestingly although i am using the arm-rtemseabi4.11-gdb 'info
> threads'
> > only shows the current context of the ISR not the Init() thread, that
> might
> > be a different issue though.
> >

> > regards
> > ---