RFC: Drop toolchain support for rtems4.8, rtems4.9 and CentOS5?

Oyake, Amalaye (3496) amalaye.oyake at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Mar 15 22:32:03 UTC 2013

Dear RTEMS Maintainers ...

with respect to older toolchains, I would check if older Space missions
are using the older builds. I think that ESA is baselined rtems 4.8 or
some variant thereof ... It would be difficult to do some software
maintenance/update on an older spacecraft if the toolchains needed are
gone.

The thing to note is that Legacy Hardware pretty much does one function
well and stays in use for a long long time ...