OSI for RTEMS I/O register access

Kate Feng feng at bnl.gov
Wed May 1 03:18:19 UTC 2013

Hi,

    We are working on the 'operating system independent interface' for
the RTEMS I/O
register access.  My platform is powerPC, so I am looking at the file
c/src/lib/libcpu/powerpc/shared/include/io.h.  Does it make sense to add
BSP_readReg8(), BSP_writeReg8(), BSP_readReg16(), BSP_writeReg16(),
BSP_readReg24(), BSP_writeReg24(), BSP_readReg32(), BSP_writeReg32()
at the BSP level ?  Many of powerPC BSPs can call those routines via a
shared
code under c/src/lib/libbsp/shared directory.

   Any thought on other platform or on my suggestion ?

   Regards,
   Kate