Driver Manager for LEON BSP

Mon May 20 23:53:03 UTC 2013

On 5/20/2013 5:10 PM, manish jain wrote:
> I am trying to port RTEMS on LEON3(GR-XCS Development Board). While
> referring to "Gaisler RTEMS Driver Documentation", I found that a
> driver manager is responsible for managing the drivers in RTEMS bsp
> for Leon3. But the RTEMS-4.10.2 source code which I cloned from the
> repository doesn't have any directory named "cpukit/libdrvmgr".
> Can someone please explain why it is so?

Gaisler includes code in their RCC which is not in RTEMS.
They periodically submit patches to catch the community
version up on their drivers, etc.

The last time they started merging, there were about 50
individual patches to review and merge. We put leon3 and
sparc specific ones first in the list along with small patches
which were easy to review.

In particular, this code makes capabilities available to all targets
and BSPs. It was put at the bottom of the review list because of
this.

We are waiting for Gaisler personnel to have time to revisit the
review and merge process.  It may show up in 4.11.