[GSoC] Memory Protection support for PowerPC and ARM

Hesham Moustafa heshamelmatary at gmail.com
Thu May 30 18:56:31 UTC 2013

Hi,

First I'd like to thank RTEMS admins for accepting me in GSoC this year and
specially my mentor Gedare who supported and helped me alot.

This is a brief abstraction of what my project is about to those who maybe
interested. I'd like to have some feed backs and suggestions.

*

The current code of MMU support is not mature enough. It’s important to
have a reliable high-performance easy-to-port, low-level MMU infrastructure
for RTEMS (as being RTOS) and that’s what the project is partially about.
Also libmm (memory management library) should include cache manager and
give a clear picture of how MMU/Caching interact not only for
uni-processors, but also for multiple processors systems.

I will work mainly on providing a reliable well-designed low-level library
to make use of MMU, and possibly MPU, capabilities for some PowerPC and ARM
BSPs.

Regards,

Hesham

*