Errors in PSIM

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu May 2 06:40:04 UTC 2013

On 02/05/13 02:45, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Sebastian Question/Task. Didn't you add a method to convert the
> internal RTEMS fatal error causes into strings? Should the PowerPC
> handler invoked here use it? What's a good example?

Yes, there is a function for this:

http://www.rtems.org/onlinedocs/doxygen/cpukit/html/group__ClassicFatal.html

The PowerPC handler looks like this:

void C_exception_handler(BSP_Exception_frame *excPtr)
{
   rtems_fatal(
     RTEMS_FATAL_SOURCE_EXCEPTION,
     (rtems_fatal_code) excPtr
   );
}

The fatal extension can print something, see:

http://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/c/src/lib/libbsp/shared/bspclean.c

> Another question/task. There are no Doxygen comments for the
> values of Internal_errors_Core_list. This needs to be fixed for Doxygen.
> And we may want to consider how to include some information on
> decoding the internal error occurred in the users guide in the fatal
> error
> chapter.

I think the internal errors have all good enough symbolic names.  If you
want to know more about them simply search in the sources.

The fatal error chapter in the user guide is improvable.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09