mvme5500, PowerPC, VME, and end-of-life issues

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Wed May 15 22:18:14 UTC 2013

I think this was entirely a false alarm.  Emerson replaced the MVME5500 with a new model number with a "-R" on the end ("respun") and end-of-lifed the earlier one. I think this is just confusion on the part of Arrow and the way they dealt with people in purchasing at my client, people who would have no way to realize the "-R" model number is probably compatible.

Yes, we'll need to double-check things, but I expect the "respun" board will work just fine.

Two years ago Emerson issued a press release saying the MVME5500 would be in production at least through 2016, I expect that is still their plan.

On May 14, 2013, at 17:29 , Peter Dufault <dufault at hda.com> wrote:

> Arrow recently notified my client using the MVME5500 that it is end-of-life with a last order coming up in June.  I told them to check if the situation is the same for the MVME6100.

Peter