FLOATING POINT with rtems

Fri Nov 29 14:59:28 UTC 2013

On 11/29/2013 7:35 AM, Luca Cinquepalmi wrote:
> So what is the reason of my error?
>
> NB: it is not a compilation error, but it only occurs when SW is
> executed on my target HW.

It is not a compilation error but likely a mismatch in compiler
flags between the way RTEMS was built (assuming no FPU and
only soft-float) and the way your application code was built
(assuming an FPU).

RTEMS was told there is no FPU and thus the FPU enable bit
will never be set.

FWIW you never said whether you got the tools from Aeroflex
Gaisler (RCC) or not. They tend to build with soft-float as
I recall.

--joel