rtems_tarfs_load("/", ...) -> null_op_mknod()

Nick Withers nick.withers at anu.edu.au
Wed Oct 9 02:22:40 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-08 at 20:22 -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Could this have been detected and reported better?

Sure - it could detect directories called (e.g.) "." and "/" and skip
through them...

But should it? It now does return an error in this event. If that'd been
the case when I'd knocked my code up earlier then it would have been
brought to my attention.

If you don't think it's just a case of "application developer did the
wrong thing and is now warned so it's their responsibility", I could
knock up a patch, though?
--
Nick Withers

Embedded Systems Programmer
Room 2.26, Building 57
Department of Nuclear Physics
Research School of Physics and Engineering
The Australian National University (CRICOS: 00120C)

eMail: nick.withers at anu.edu.au
Phone: +61 2 6125 2091
Mobile: +61 414 397 446