Flash disk RFS format errors, "no segment mapping"

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Oct 24 07:04:42 UTC 2013

On 2013-10-24 02:34, Nick Withers wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-10-23 at 11:06 +0200, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>> Hallo Nick,
>>
>> you can now also use JFFS2 on RTEMS for NOR flash devices:
>>
>> http://www.rtems.org/onlinedocs/doxygen/cpukit/html/group__JFFS2.html
>
> Thanks Sebastian!
>
> I'm not too sure I want to jump on board JFFS2 as I may end up trying to
> platform, etc.) at some point in the near future.

Do you have specific problems with the current HEAD?  From my point of view the
current HEAD has production quality.

> I've started trying to debug the FlashDisk stuff (so far I'm at the
> clearing of a sector appearing to fail) and hopefully'll get somewhere
> with it eventually... It's sort of low priority right now but would be
> good to have working :-)

I would not use the RTEMS flash disk if I have the option to use a real flash
file system that is on the market for more than ten years in the Linux kernel
(provided the system has enough RAM for it).

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09