Source builder and the Mac

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Mon Oct 21 17:33:08 UTC 2013

On 21/10/13 10:56 AM, Andrei Chichak wrote:

> On 2013-October-20, at 5:36 PM, Eric Norum <wenorum at lbl.gov
> <mailto:wenorum at lbl.gov>> wrote:
>
>> Looks like you need to install a newer version of python.
>> What does
>> /opt/local/bin/python -V
>> show?
>
> Python 2.7.5
>
> But that is what the head of the log file said AAAAND it works on my
> laptop which is Python 2.7.2. It's more like I need an older version of
> python.

The version of Python is fine. I suspect it is a path related error with
the development side such as the python headers or libraries GDB needs
to link to.

>> On Oct 20, 2013, at 4:28 PM, Andrei Chichak <groups at chichak.ca
>> <mailto:groups at chichak.ca>> wrote:
>>
>>> checking for python... /opt/local/bin/python
>>> checking for python2.7... no
>>> configure: error: python is missing or unusable
>>> make[1]: *** [configure-gdb] Error 1

The config.log file in the GDB build directory should indicate the
error. You may need to look in the log trace for the extact directory
configure was running in. The build happens in the 'build' directory.
Under there are the package specific directories.

Chris