Information Needed

Simon Williams williamssimonp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 09:20:55 UTC 2013

I have made some progress with the work I have been doing for the Raspberry
Pi, but I am finding that progress is being held up due to lack of
information about RTEMS.  Is there a repository of information I am not
aware of?

I have a GPIO driver which allows me to have an RTEMS task that switches an
external LED on and off.  The is based on the description of the discrete
driver in the BSP and Device Driver Development Guide, but that description
is almost non-existent!  There also does not appear to be any sample
implementation anywhere.  I have one specific issue with my implementation,
which is that stat() does not return anything useful and so I have to use
the deprecated RTEMS specific call to get information about the devices.
 This leads me to believe that I have not got it quite right!

My next targets are I2C, followed by a driver to put the console on an HD44780
compatible display and keyboard attached to the I2C bus.  After that, I
will be looking at an SD card filesystem and other I2C devices I need for
my application.  I would be extremely grateful if anyone could point me
towards some well documented examples of these sort of drivers for other
boards, I would be grateful.  The problem with most of the examples I have
found in the repository is that any documentation that they contain assumes
that the reader has a good knowledge of RTEMS and it's requirements and it
is that knowledge that I am trying to gain!

I would also be interested to know if there is any documentation I have not
been able to find on using the C++ class library as my application level
code will be written in C++.

Thanks in advance for your help.