lm3s8962 was Re: Contact - RTEMS tests

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Wed Sep 18 20:29:15 UTC 2013

Hi,

supported stellaris socs are: lm3s6965, lm3s3749 and lm4f120. Anyway,
lm3s8962 looks like a fury class that means the most similar should be
lm3s6965.  Creating BSP for this means really just a bit of hacking in
c/src/lib/libbsp/arm/lm3s69xx -- configure.ac, custom cfg, linkcmds
(here lm3s6965 looks like the same), and various C files. The advantage
of current multi-family stellaris BSP is that you will get nice #error
message on compilation and will know exactly where to touch code in
order to add proper support. Usually adding just SOC #ifdef if the
feature is supported is enough to get it going...

IMHO it should be less work than what I did for LM4F120 since this was
more different from LM3x than LM3S8962 looks and even for LM4 the work
was really minimal...

Cheers,
Karel