Problem with bootstrap -p preinstall file format

Alessandro Avanzi Alessandro.Avanzi at almaspace.com
Tue Apr 1 12:11:14 UTC 2014

Hello all, I have a problem with preinstall.am file format. I'm developing drivers for the stm32f4 BSP.
I added tow header in <BSP-dir>/include, then I updated the makefile.am with

include_bsp_HEADERS += include/stm32_spi.h
include_bsp_HEADERS += include/spi.h

and then, from the BSP directory, run

bootstrap -p (regenerate preinstall.am)
bootstrap (update makefile.in)

After trying to rebuild, I got an error during the headers installation. I inspected the
preinstall.am file, founding that in some sections the format was all messed up, like:

$(PROJECT_INCLUDE)/bsp
/start.h: ../shared/include/start.h $(PROJECT_INCLUDE)/bsp
/$(dirstamp)
      $(INSTALL_DATA) $< $(PROJECT_INCLUDE)/bsp
/start.h
PREINSTALL_FILES += $(PROJECT_INCLUDE)/bsp
/start.h

If I correct manually to the right format, which is

$(PROJECT_INCLUDE)/bsp/start.h: ../shared/include/start.h $(PROJECT_INCLUDE)/bsp/$(dirstamp)
      $(INSTALL_DATA) $< $(PROJECT_INCLUDE)/bsp/start.h
PREINSTALL_FILES += $(PROJECT_INCLUDE)/bsp/start.h

then all works properly. Why is this happening?
(I'm using the MinGW toolchain)

Regards