Issue with Task delete

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Apr 23 10:04:13 UTC 2014

Hello Ali,

with the latest Newlib and RTEMS version the test works on a simulator BSP.
Which Git revision do you use?

On 2014-04-23 11:43, ali nasir wrote:
> I am not sure, what does it wait for as i cannot see the task in the OS. There
> is a call to fwalk (which is called from _reclaim_reent) from the
> newlib_delete_hook which never returns. There is no crash of the system.
> I also noticed that further dynamic memory allocations are blocked for the
> tasks which are already launched.
> I see if there is an fprintf call from this task, only then we see the problem.
> If there is no fprintf, then everything works fine. This could be the clue to
> find the problem.

The newlib_delete_hook no longer exists.  I recently changed the thread
deletion code to fix a couple of problems.  Can you please update to the latest
Git master and see if the problem is still present.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09