Issue with Task delete

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Apr 23 06:19:06 UTC 2014

Hello Ali,

On 2014-04-23 07:41, ali nasir wrote:
> Hi,
> In the RTEMS4.11 i notice one of the task does not delete itself cleanly via a
> call to the rtems_task_delete. On further investigation i found that the
> newlib_delete_hook does not return. The newlib_delete_hook calls a fclose and
> from this fclose, there is no return.

what do you mean with "no return".  Waits the task on a resource forever, does
it busy wait or does the system crash (e.g. call to _Terminate())?

There is a test case for this in:

testsuites/libtests/newlib01/init.c

>  From this particular task, we have called the frepon to redirect the to
> stdout, stdin and stderr to dev/tty0
>          freopen ("/dev/ttyS0","r",stdin);
>          freopen ("/dev/ttyS0","w",stdout);
>          freopen ("/dev/ttyS0","w",stderr);
> With the same code, the task used to get deleted cleanly with the RTEMS4.10.2
> version.
> If i remove the above lines of code from the task (with the RTEMS4.11), then
> the task gets deleted cleanly.
> This task is a higher priority task, and all further task scheduling gets
> affected if the task does not get deleted cleanly.
> Any idea what wrong do i do?

If you can send me a self contained test case, then I can try to look at it.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09