OpenPIC timer usage?

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Wed Aug 13 14:31:33 UTC 2014

I'm not a powerpc expert, but I have some questions for you to
consider. How long does it take the openpic_settimer() to take effect?
If the isr was delayed, could another timer interrupt fire before
setting the inhibit bit? Will both interrupts be received? This is
hw-dependent, and I don't know the answer for powerpc. Perhaps the
powerpc ISR_Handler clears the interrupt source before calling the
isr, so there might be time for another timer to fire? Or perhaps the
hardware buffers multiple interrupts received from the same source. If
so, then you would need to acknowledge the interrupt after clearing
the inhibit bit, so another interrupt that was queued from the same
source doesn't fire.

-Gedare