Context switching for VFP registers on Cortex-A8 board.

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Dec 2 10:27:03 UTC 2014

Hello,

you use a BSP that is not included in the main RTEMS sources, so I can
only guess.

On 02/12/14 11:16, Thomas Kim wrote:
> Dear  Sir.
>
> I completed to port RTEMS on Cortex-A8 board using below option.
>   CPU_CFLAGS = -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon
> -mfloat-abi=softfp
> At this time, RTEMS sample example(ticker.exe) is working very well.
>
> Because there is a problem for executing C++ exception example using
> "-mfloat-abi=softfp", I changed below option.
>   CPU_CFLAGS = -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard
>
> After I rebuild RTEMS using "-mfloat-abi=hard", I am tring to test
> both ticker.exe and cxx_throw.exe.
> But, both examples are crashed in mount() function of
> rtems_filesystem_initialize().
> In detailly, memcpy() of alloc_mount_table_entry() is called,
> exception is ocurred.

There are many exceptions and some provide extra information, so
"exception is occurred" is a very vague description.

You probably use the wrong memory attributes.  Make sure misaligned
memory access is possible.  See SCTLR.A bit (ARM_CP15_CTRL_A).

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09