Source builder kinks

Steve B sbattazzo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 20:05:49 UTC 2014

Hello all,

Using the source builder to build something this morning I found that the
zlib was missing on Linux Mint (which is effectively Ubuntu). I also run
into errors later on because of missing ncurses-devel and python2.7-dev (I
assume that's the right package because python is there by default but the
error said it wasn't). Seems like the source builder starts from the
beginning taking another hour each time though some of the big intermediate
steps were already compiled.

Maybe these could get added to the sb-check script so they're identified
before running into build errors? And, is there any way to invoke the
source builder without re-doing things that have already successfully
compiled?

Cheers,

Steve