Developing a device driver for BSP

Steve B sbattazzo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 21:23:30 UTC 2014

Hello all,

Quick question regarding the development flow for a device driver to go
with a BSP.
Would I need to put the source in the libbsp/(arch)/(bsp)/ and rebuild the
BSP every time something changes, or could I develop the thing as a sort of
standalone application and then move it into the BSP tree when it's
finished?

I might like it if I could do the latter because building the BSP seems to
take quite a bit of time, unless the make process can see that only
something small has changed and only rebuilds what it needs to. I haven't
tried it yet so I'm not sure what's going to happen.

Cheers,

Steve