Libcsupport - Where is fstatvfs() function ?

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Tue Dec 16 00:48:06 UTC 2014

On 12/13/2014 10:24 PM, Thomas Kim wrote:
> Dear Gedare,
>
> I guess that newlib of RSB is included in libc.a, libgcc.a.
> also, current newlib of RSB does not include fstatvfs() function.
>
> Is it correct ?
>
> At this time, when I use fstatvfs() in my application code, there is
> below linking error with <undefined reference to `fstatvfs'>
>
> Please advise me.

If the method is missing, then no one has needed it before. :)
It doesn't sound like much advice but it simply needs to be implemented
if you needed. It would go in cpukit/libcsupport/src.

Given that Chris Johns implemented statvfs.c, maybe he has some
specific implementation advice.

FWIW this is a nice example of how things get added to RTEMS.
No one cares until they need it, then it gets added. Either by the
person implementing or arranging for a core developer to be
sponsored to do it.