C++ Constructor Initialization Failure for Cortex-A8

Thomas Kim thomas73.kim at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 04:04:56 UTC 2014

Dear Sebastian,

I am testing cxx_throw.exe on your same environment for
realview-pbx-a9-qemu.
When I test below option, it is OK! as like you.
CPU_CFLAGS = -march=armv7-a -mthumb -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard
-mtune=cortex-a9

But, When I changed option as like below, cxx_throw.exe just output three
lines.
CPU_CFLAGS = -march=armv7-a -mthumb -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp
-mtune=cortex-a9

< Output >
Hey I'm in base class constructor number 1 for 0x201dcc.
Hey I'm in base class constructor number 2 for 0x201dd4.
Hey I'm in derived class constructor number 3 for 0x201dd4.

Please could you let me know a reason about this result ?

Best Regards,
Thomas Kim