Grub pc386 question

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Tue Dec 9 16:10:54 UTC 2014

On 12/9/2014 9:20 AM, Karel Gardas wrote:
> IIRC it was on Wiki somewhere, but now google points me to this nice thread:
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.rtems.user/19049
>
> perhaps this helps,
It did but I had to know the magic algorithm to fix the URLs. :)
I found https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/qemu/i386-pc/rtems-grub.cfg
and a hint to add --console=com1 to the boot args.

I am going to try something like this as the entry:

menuentry "RTEMS - Ticker" {
  set root=(hd0,0)
  multiboot (hd0,0)/ticker.exe\
  options "--console=com1 --baud=115200"
}

The Edison ships with Yocto Linux on it. We are hoping that
it has grub so we can just add some more entries to the boot
menu and not have to deal with re-flashing it. We only got the
board yesterday afternoon and want to take it to CalTech for the
Flight Software Workshop next week. So it needs to boot quickly.

I will follow up with our luck booting the Edison.

Thanks.

--joel