msdos_format - deadlock

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Dec 17 00:08:37 UTC 2014

On 17/12/2014 1:12 am, Federico Garcia Cruz wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm running rtems 4.10 on a mbed board (LPC1768 ARM micro controller),
> and I'm trying to use the dos filesystem with a nvdisk. I can register
> the device driver correctly but when I try to format the disk it never
> returns from the format function.
> It seems to be a deadlock in rtems_bdbuf_get function.
> Could you give a hand please?

There is a define at the top of the bdbuf.c file called
RTEMS_BDBUF_TRACE. I suggest you set it to 1. There is also a variable
called rtems_bdbuf_tracer which you can also set to true and you will
get a trace from the code. The rtems_bdbuf_tracer variable lets you boot
your code and do what ever is required then you set it to true and run
the failing case and get just that part of the trace.

Chris