RTEMS simulation of LEON3 over QEMU

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Feb 4 11:13:11 UTC 2014

Hello,

On 2014-02-04 12:01, Angel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to simulate a sparc-leon3 RTEMS software over QEMU.

QEMU needs these patches:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2014-02/msg00152.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2013-11/msg03718.html

You need also a LEON3 BSP variant supporting QEMU.  I have one which I intend
to commit in the next couple of days.

> In the QEMU simulation tutorial, they simulate an i386 system using
> rtems_boot.img.
>
> In my case I want to simulate the sparc system with RTEMS. How can I get the
> equivalent rtems_boot.img for a sparc system?

No, you can simply use

qemu-system-sparc -no-reboot -nographic -M leon3_generic -m 64M -kernel app.exe